Digital Thyristor Power Controllers
The DPU series digital power controllers offer optimal and stable power control with minimal noise interference. The units also feature various control methods and functions including soft start, soft up/down, and alarm.
- High speed and high accuracy by digital control using high speed CPU
- Various controls
– Phase control, feedback control (constant voltage/constant current/constant power)
– Zero crossing cycle control (fixed/variable cycles)
– Zero crossing ON/OFF control
- Improved maintainability with built-in fast-acting fuse and easy fuse replacement
- Communication output model: RS485 (Modbus RTU)
- Various control inputs and DI inputs
– control input: analog (current, voltage), ON/OFF (voltage pulse, no voltage), communication (RS485), potentiometer
– DI input: AUTO/MAN switching, RUN/STOP switching, Reset, output holding, SP designation (6 setting points can be customized)
- Various alarm output
– Overcurrent, overvoltage, fuse break, heat sink overheat, device fault, heater break alarm (partial heater break detection)
- Improved convenience by separating operation part
- Applicable load
– Supercantal, platinum, molybdenum, carbon, halogen lamps, chrome, nickel, etc.
RS485 Communication(Modbus RTU)
Convenient Installation with Remote Display
Users can remotely monitor and control the units by installing the remote display unit in separate control panels.
Various Control Methods
Zero cross ON/OFF control, standard control, feedback control, and zero cross cycle control (fixed/variable cycle) are available for stable load control.
Constant Voltage Feedback Control Mode
Maintains constant output voltage relative to the control input when there is a change in power supply or load resistance of loads with low temperature coefficient of electrical resistance (iron, chrome, nichrome, etc.)
Constant Current Feedback Control Mode
Maintains constant output current relative to the control input when there is a change in power supply or load resistance of loads with high changes (6 to 12 times normal temperature) in temperature coefficient of electrical resistance (platinum, molybdenum, tungsten, etc.)
Constant Current Power Control Mode
Maintains constant power supply relative to the control input when there is a change in power supply or load resistance. Ideal for large heaters with high changes in resistance due to overheating such as silicon carbide (SiC).
Zero Cross Cycle Control (Fixed Cycle)
The load power repeats ON/OFF control during a fixed cycle (60 cycles) in relation to the control input signal.
Example) Fixed cycle (60 cycles) control – control output at 40%
Zero Cross Cycle Control (Variable Cycle)
Minimal number of cycles are used as AC sine wave repeats ON/OFF control in relation to the control input signal
Example) Variable cycle control – control output at 40%
Various Functions Available
Various user friendly functions are available including soft start, slow up/slow down, input/output slope correction, multi-SP (setting point), full load auto recognition, and more.
SLOW UP / SLOW DOWN
Used to protect the load from inrush current during RUN mode.
Output High Limit/Low Limit
Used to protect the load by limiting output range.
Output Slope Setting
Used to set the output ratio between 0.00 and 1.00 in relation to contol input.
Set up to 6 setting points, and the output can be controlled in relation to 3 digital inputs.
Various Alarm Features
Various alarms are available for safe operation, including overcurrent alarm, overvoltage alarm, fuse disconnection alarm, heatsink overheat alarm, heater disconnection alarm and more.
Simple Fuse Replacement
Open type case allows users to easily replace fuse in the power controllers.