Accessories for solid state relays
Different models of heatsinks have been designed and tested to
meet size and dimension needs.
How to choose a heatsink
• Set max. air temperature inside the panelboard (Tmaxa)
• Set max. operating current: Imax = Inom. load + 10%
• Draw on the “graphs” Tmaxa, Imax points.
• Choose the smallest heatsink (starting from upwards), which point [Tmaxa Imax] is in the gray working area of dissipation curves
• Respect installation distances
Accessories for static contactors
Accessories section offer a specific list of extra-rapid fuses to protect properly each Solid State Contactor and other further accessories.
OverviewThe GFX4-DEV module can be installed inside GFX4/GFXTERMO4 products and expands communication by means of the DeviceNet protocol. The module has two communication channels:
• the first channel is a serial port with Modbus RTU protocol, and lets you connect a maximum of four GFX4/GFXTERMO4 products including the product on which the module is installed, for a total of sixteen controlled zones (4×4);
• the second channel is a serial port with DeviceNet slave protocol, and lets you connect to a DeviceNet Master. The node address is assigned by means of the two rotary switches (1…63) on the product that houses the module. The network Master (typically a PLC) recognizes the slave node by means of this address. The slave node recognized by the Master consists of the GFX4/GFXTERMO4 that houses the module plus the GFX4/GFXTERMO4 products connected to the Modbus serial port. The expansion can be installed when the above-mentioned products are ordered or at a later date.
OverviewThe GFX4-ETH2 module installs inside GFX4/GFXTERMO4/GFX4-IR products and expands communication by providing EtherCAT protocol.
The module has two communication channels:
• Ethernet: 2 ports for IN/OUT connections
• Modbus Master: allows communication with a maximum of 20 Slave devices.
Installation of the expansion can be requested when ordering the products or the expansion can be installed later.
– The GFX4-ETH2 card CANNOT be inserted in GFX4 / GFXTERMO4 / GFX4-IR products equipped with the 4 auxiliary inputs option (mV/TC Aux).
– To set the 3 Rotary-Switches for addressing, you have to unscrew the fastening screw on the side cover of the GFX4 / GFXTERMO4 / GFX4-IR and temporarily remove the cover from the product.
The GFX4-ETH1/5 module can be installed inside GFX4-GFXTERMO4/GFX4-IR or GFW products and expands communication by means of the ETH/IP protocol.
The module has two communication channels:
• Ethernet (switch) 2 port
• Modbus Master: allows communication with a maximum of 4 slave devices
The expansion can be installed when the above-mentioned products are ordered or at a later date.Options
«E5» is the latest version with capability to manage «Implicit Messages» DLR function and EDS files
«E1» is the previous version that is MANDATORY for replacements of existing projects developed with «E1» board.Note:
The GFX4-ETH1 card CANNOT be inserted in GFX4 and GFXTERMO4 products equipped with the 4 auxiliary inputs option (mV/TC Aux).
Fusibili, Portafusibili, cavi, connettori
GD logic input, heater break alarm (HB), max 40 A
The GD series of solid state relays (zero crossing type) are solid state actuators with heater break diagnostics (Hb function), selectable current scale, and adjustable setpoint. Junction overheat protection is available as an option.
An alarm signal is provided in output. The GD series of solid state realays are offered with currents of 40A, rated voltage 480 Vac, and Vdc input control signal. Voltage transistors are protected by MOV (varistor).
See the dissipation curves for other performance conditions.
The GD series of relays must be used with an appropriate heatsink. Thanks to their high performance, they are appropriate for very short switching times, with millions of operations without wear on components.
Various accessories are available, such as heatsinks, fuses and fuse holders.
GFW Up to 3 legs, 250A power controller
Ideal for control of resistive loads with low and high thermal coefficient, IR lamps, transformers, in mono-bi-triphase configurations and currents up to 250 Amperes
- Current levels from 40A to 250A, 480VAC and 600VAC
- Trigger configurable in “Zero crossing” (Fixed Cycle, Burst Firing, Half single Cycle) or “Phase angle”
- PID regulator for integrated closed-loop control (optional)
- Configurable analog input for: Volt, mA, potentiometer sensor input (digital in PWM)
- Incorporated fuse (optional)
- On-board resettable electronic fuse (optional)
- Total and partial load interrupt alarm (optional)
- Current limit (optional)
- Feedback V, I, P (optional)
- Configurations: Monophase, Biphase and Triphase (synchronized)
- Fieldbus (optional): Modbus RTU, Profibus DP, CanOpen, Modbus-TCP, Ethernet IP, EtherCAT
- Keypad for parameter configuration/read (optional)
- Configuration from PC
- CE, UL
GFW Xtra Up to 3 legs, 100A power controller with overcurrent fault protection (OFP)
- Suitable for use in a wide range of applications including furnaces for heattreatment, high temperature materialsintering processes, glass and ceramic production
- The integrated overcurrent fault protection provides complete heating process and system protection
- Designed for Super Kanthal™ and silicon carbide single or three-phase heating systems
- Operating current and voltage range up to 150A, 480V
- Configurable in all control firing modes including zero crossing, half-single cycle and phase angle
- Wide range of options to suit specific applications including transformer based heating systems
- Comprehensive connectivity options including fieldbus, Modbus RTU/TCP, Profibus, EtherCAT, Ethernet IP and CanOpen
GFX Multifunction Single zone modular power controller
Extremely flexible and compact rear panel instrument.
Consists of a “base” containing the PID microprocessor controller which holds a functional module such as: 5/10/15Amp power solid state relay, double continuous output, double relay, single relay.
Utilized mainly for heating hot extrusion channels, injection, and in all multizone configurations.
In addition, thanks to the use of popular field buses, Geflex_Multifunction can be integrated in various architectures.
GFX OP Operator terminal for GEFLEX series
OverviewTerminal for configuration and diagnosis of the whole Geflex series.
It is composed of a lexan membrane (ensuring an IP65 front protection).
Three 4-digit displays, two of which to display variables (PV process variable, SP set point), and a 2-digit display to identify Geflex queried node. Six function keys to access the software menus and make settings.
Fourteen LEDs: six for the output status diagnosis, and eight for the status instrument.
It comes with a built-in memory able to save the complete configuration of each Geflex, up to ten units.
This feature makes it particularly suitable for plant maintenance, as Geflex units can be configured directly on site and data can then be stored on a PC.
Moreover, the opposite operation is also available: download data from a PC to the GFX_OP terminal, operate on the plant and configure Geflex units.
Two versions are available: back-of-board mounting: the terminal can be installed directly on Geflex heat sink or on a DIN rail; front-of-board mounting: the terminal can be fixed directly on the control board of the plant.
In both cases the terminal does not need any external power supply, as this is provi-ded directly by Geflexs.
A complete 24Vdc power supply and a connection cable kit is provided for use with a PC.
GFX Single loop PID power controller, max 120A master/ salve
An innovative, integrated system to control power and temperature, designed for industrial electric heating processes. The system architecture is optimized for temperature control of multizone plants. It consists of a control unit, i.e., the PID microprocessor controller plus load control device (AT and VT), and a power module (SSR) with aluminum heat sink. The system is compact and easy to install and use.
- MOTION DEVICES
- CONTROL SWITCHES
- MENICS PRODUCTS
- PA PRODUCTS
- MOTION CONTROL
- Price Lists
- LSis inverter
- Gefran DTS